A Ride of Respect
September 9th, 2012
A Ride of Respect
The purpose of this motorcycle ride will be to respect the Canadian Firefighters that have died in the line of duty and are being memorialized on the new Canadian Fallen Firefighter Foundation (CFFF) National Wall of Remembrance in Ottawa to be dedicated on September 9, 2012.
Surrey Fire Services Retired Captain Tim Baillie and Captain Brian Green will be riding to Ottawa to be on hand when the wall is officially dedicated. We will be riding the entire approximately 4600 km there and then back to show our respect for the sacrifices these firefighters made.
Riders can join us for as long or as short a ride as you wish. We will be responsible only for ourselves and accommodations as it is impossible to know if anyone will join us and for what length of the ride. All kinds and forms of motorcycles and vehicles are welcome.
The schedule of the ride will be:
• August 31 - Start from the Peace Arch at 09:00 going to Salmon Arm BC, 431 km
• September 1 - Salmon Arm BC to Calgary Alta, 512 km
• September 2 - Calgary Alta to Regina Sask, 757km
• September 3 - Regina Sask to Winnipeg Man, 574 km
• September 4 - Rest Day
• September 5 - Winnipeg Man to Thunder Bar Ont, 696 km
• September 6 - Thunder Bay Ont to Sault Ste. Marie Ont, 698 km
• September 7 - Sault Ste. Marie Ont to Toronto Ont, 683 km
• September 8 - Toronto Ont to Ottawa Ont, 418 km or
• September 7 - Sault Ste. Marie Ont to Ottawa Ont, 794 km
The last leg is not set as we have to assess the last leg and possibly have a change of an extra day from Toronto Ont to Ottawa Ont. That decision will be made as time nears but people will be welcome to do as they wish. It would be on objective for us to ride into Ottawa as a group to make the experience just that little bit better. Thanks for your attention.
If more information is desired, please contact Tim Baillie at email@example.com
Tim Baillie, Brian Green